- Recognize the role of Physiotherapy in the context of the health needs of the community and National priorities in the health sector.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour appropriate to at least the minimum standard expected for a Physiotherapy Graduate.
- Acquire knowledge on Medical sciences, Human Movement Sciences, Various Medical Conditions and Surgical Treatments to identify Psychological, Social, Economical, Cultural aspects of diseases and its impact on community.
- Perform a safe, systematic and appropriate physiotherapy assessment for various conditions.
- Identify, Define and Deal with problems of professional practice through logical, analytical and critical thinking.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
At The End of The Program, Graduates Will Be Able To...
- Ability to analyse and interpret physical assessment and diagnosis and set appropriate short- and long-term goals.
- Choose, demonstrate intervention safely and document the progression appropriately.
- Communicate effectively across wide range of professional and personal contexts.
- Work independently or collaboratively as a part of rehabilitation team.
- Understand and conduct research activities.
- Engage in activities that contribute to the betterment of society and behave ethically and responsible in social environment.
Masters of Physiotherapy
- Course work includes exercise physiology, principles of physiotherapy practice, electrophysiology and electives (during 2nd year of MPT). The student will be skilled in treatment planning, management, administration of physiotherapy treatment and provision of patient support.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of structure and function of human body related to the respective branch of specialty.
- Acquire the in-depth knowledge of movement dysfunction of human body, cause thereof principles underlying the use of physiotherapeutic interventions for restoring movement dysfunction towards normalcy.
- Demonstrate skill in Physical & Functional diagnosis pertaining to patient under his/her care.
- Demonstrate ability to critically appraise recent physiotherapeutic and related literature from journals & adopt diagnostic & therapeutic procedures based on it.
- The student will also perform independent research within the department and help the department and the team for treatment planning of the patient.
- PT post-graduate is encouraged to pursue further qualification to attain senior position in the professional field, also to keep abreast with the advance and new technology the professional should opt for continuous professional education credits offered by national and international institutes.
- Employment opportunities can be found in hospitals in both private and public sectors as well as in independent physiotherapy clinics and as well as teaching institutes.
- Demonstrate ability to make clinical decision (based on evaluation) regarding Physiotherapy strategy techniques and select appropriate outcome measures based on the comprehensive knowledge of specialty.
- Demonstrate an expertise in evidence-based skill in the management disorders including movement dysfunction in concerned specialty.
- Demonstrate an expertise in health promotion, early identification and intervention for quality restoration of function.
- Planning and implementation of treatment programme adequately and appropriately for all clinical conditions common as well as rare related to respective specialty in acute and chronic stage, in intensive care, indoor, outdoor and institutional care, independent practice, on fields of sports and community and during disaster situations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in creating awareness using newer technology, at various levels in community for healthcare & professional awareness.
- Demonstrate leadership, managerial, administrative & communication skills.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of legislation applicable to compensation for functional disability welfare schemes & rights of the disabled, laws related to industrial workers & disabled & appropriate certification.
- Demonstrate proficiency in classroom and clinical teaching using newer and appropriate technology.
Courses Offered by Sancheti College of Physiotherapy
|Sr No||Course Offered||Duration||Intake|
|1.||Bachelors in Physiotherapy (BPTh)||4 ½ years||60|
Masters in Physiotherapy (MPT)
|3.||PhD in Physiotherapy (PhD)||According to the MUHS, Nashik course program.|